Sunday, January 19, 2014

Poems I found from the year of the Apocalypse

Bow 

I’m all directions of
Lengthened and aligned
my hamstrings and mind 

connected
                 by one sinuous string of thought
      After another

strung together. 
Days end after
day after day
and today I’m left looking after the mess

There’s no failure.
Only opportunity to grow and learn. 
Once, luck
Twice, coincidence
Three times a skill 
To determine at what point we designate what’s worth counting 
Or do we count it all 
blessed or messed or missed

Messes are easier to clean up if you don’t make them. 

The meek will inherit the earth like the jeans I outgrew and Mom passed from one baby sister to the next until there were none they’d fit. 

Snacks are not dinner. 
Unless you’re eating them
For
Dinner. 
Coffee is not a meal replacement.
Unless you’re a factory slave who relates
The color 
brown to nutritional 
content. 

Normality: curse 
Normality: median by which all are judged 

Striving for standards imagined and conceived 
to keep the normal striving 
‘till their death 
to achieve an existence that doesn’t exist.

Outside the minds who’ve transcended the accursed median, 

projections cast aside due to infeasible truth 

like so much trash 
not worth even the recycling bin,

to make room for 
truth 

more worthy their stature. 
Picked up

Dusted off
Repurposed and received 
by those still awaiting 

transcension. 

Life is nothing






Unless you’re a dream


------

"5/27/12"

hunting down the thief. patience is the key, I don’t doubt it. 
yesterday I was in hot pursuit
but the trail has gone cold now and the tiny bit of me, 
found on the crosswalk, fallen and forgotten from the thief’s pocket
fears It’s identity might be forever lost.
I’ll be forever pursuing the rest of me, from which my little piece broke off.
For until I’m found, no other endeavor will satisfy, compel, or even distract.
this piece,
It’s
just enough to taste
the essence 
of who


  



No comments:

Post a Comment